WMT is currently selling weather stations to biofuel companies, refineries and universities. WMT is an integrator who brings value to the end user and Campbell Scientific by packaging all the components into a turnkey system and offering a service contract to insure reliable and accurate weather monitoring and measurement.
Campbell Scientific weather stations have become the world-wide standard for meteorological and climatological monitoring. In use on every continent and virtually every country, our weather stations are known for their precision measurement capability, rugged construction, wide operating temperature range, and low power consumption. Campbell Scientific weather stations offer the flexibility to easily change sensor configurations, data processing, and data storage and retrieval options.
- Individual Weather Stations record site-specific conditions for meteorological research and routine weather measurement applications.
- Weather Station Networks provide regional and local real-time data for weather monitoring, forecasting, local warnings, and climatic modeling.
- Air Quality and Diffusion Modeling applications use the datalogger to monitor and control gas analyzers, particle samplers, and visibility sensors. Phil Geary, Campbell Scientific Ltd.
Other Meteorological Applications include: Ground Truth for Satellite Imagery, Fire Weather Stations.
- Crop Management Decisions such as irrigation scheduling, integrated pest management, plant pathology, and frost prediction are based on data provided by our stations.
- Evapotranspiration can be calculated on-board using the FAO-56 Penman-Monteith equation, which is accepted by the Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations.
Other Agricultural Applications include: Erosion Studies, Food Processing and Storage.
- Utilities/Energy/Wind Power
- Ecological/Biological/Microclimate Studies
- Historical Preservation
- Automotive Testing
- Hydrometeorological Stations
- Mining/Mineral Extraction/Earth Science
- Highway and Pavement Studies
- Alpine/Snow Science/Avalanche Control
- Geotechnical/Structural Engineering
- Sports Events (e.g., Olympic Games)
- Assessing Local Lightning Hazards and Thunderstorm Research
Data Retrieval Peripherals
To determine the best option for your site, consider the accessibility of the site, availability of service (e.g., cellular phone or satellite coverage), quantity of data collected, and time between data downloads.
- CompactFlash® cards
- Laptop Computer
- Datalogger keyboard display
- PDA Handhelds
- DataView Displays
- Short-Haul Modems
- Telephone (land line, digital cellular, and voice-synthesized)
- Radio Frequency (RF) Transceivers (VHF narrowband, UHF narrowband, or spread spectrum)
- Multidrop Interface (coaxial cable)
- Satellite Transmitters (Argos and High Data Rate GOES)
For more information, please download our printer-friendly brochure.