WMT, the USA distributor for OxyGuard, is pleased to introduce the new Handy Polaris 2, Portable DO Meter with data-logging and data-transfer capability.
The Handy Polaris 2 is a hand-held, battery-powered dissolved oxygen (DO) Meter. Polaris measures mg/1 (ppm), % saturation, temperature (°C or °F), has manual salinity compensation and automatic compensation for temperature and barometric pressure.
Just as with the original Handy Polaris 1, the Handy Polaris 2 can be switched on and put in the water to measure, but measurements made with the Polaris 2 are supported by a range of advanced functions designed to make things even easier for you.
- Large Display
- Automatic Calibration
- Choice of Language and Units of Measure
- Automatic Self-check and probe-check
- Barometric Pressure Compensation
- Automatic or Manual Data Logging
- Data Grouping according to tank, pond, or cage
- Data Transfer with Link
- Extremely long battery life
- Extremely easy to use
- Automatic calibration with stability check.
- Automatic self-check of instrument
- Automatic check of cable and probe.
- Compensates for changes in atmospheric pressure.
- User selectable language and main display parameter.
- "On-screen" instructions.
- 1400 hours use from one 9V alkaline battery.
- Illuminated display with variable intensity.
- Data Logging functions.
- Automatic shutdown for power saving.
- Galvanic type.
- No warm up time.
- Fully temperature compensated.
- Remarkably short response time.
- Stores dry.
- Excellent long-term stability.
- Tough membrane.
- No need for regular service or renovation.
- Probe renovation easy and fast when needed.
- Spares available at very low price.
SpecificationsParameters: ppm (mg/l), saturation, temperature (°C or °F), salinity compensation.
Display: Large, easy to read graphical LCD display. Variable backlight.
Probe Type: Galvanic cell, self polarizing, self temperature compensating.
Cable Length: Cable Length: Standard 3 m. Any length available on request.
Operating Conditions: Probe: -5 to +45°C, meter -20 to +60°C.
Encapsulation (meter): Short-term immersion proof to max. 5m depth.
Measuring Range: 0-60.0 ppm (mg/l) and 0-600% saturation. Automatically compensated for temperature and barometric pressure. Manual salinity compensation.Temperature -5 to +45°C.
Salinity Compensation: 0-59 ppt salinity (manually set).
Accuracy: Depends on calibration accuracy. Typically better than +/-1% of measured value +/-1 digit within the standard measuring range.
Repeatability: Typically better than +/- 0.5% of measured value.
Response Time: 90% of end value in less than 20 seconds in water.
Accuracy, Temperature: +/- 0.2°C.
Datalog Capacity: Over 3000 sets of complete information (mg/l, %sat, temperature, events etc.)
Dimensions: 98 mm diameter x 36 mm + belt clip (if used).
Self-check of: Probe function, meter function, cable, battery.
Useful battery life: Approx. 2 years with 1 hour's use per day, 5 months with 8 hours use per day.
Standard Accessories: Membranes with O-rings, electrolyte, cathode cleaning pad, storage pouch.
Ordering InformationHO1P2: Handy Polaris 2 with datalogger, supplied with standard accessories.
H10LINK: OxyGuard Polaris Link for transfer of data to PC.
H10ACC: Accessory kit: membrane cap, 5 membranes & O-rings, 50 ml electrolyte and tool.
D10E 1500: 500 ml electrolyte.
D10E11L: 1-liter electrolyte.
H10M: Membrane kit: membranes & O-rings.
H10CAP3: Membrane cap with membrane.
H10CB6: Extra cable per meter.