These OxyGuard pH Probes are designed for use in applications where standard sealed or gelled electrolyte combination electrodes give unstable measurements or have short lifetimes. They utilize the tried-and-tested principle of feeding a small, continuous supply of liquid electrolyte to the reference electrode part of the system. This ensures an outflow of electrolyte at all times through the small ceramic inserts of the reference electrode, which helps to keep the inserts clean and maintain stable measurements. A special design of combination electrode is used. It is fed with electrolyte from a separate container. The design permits pressurization of the container and reference electrolyte chamber with compressed air.
The inclusion of a preamplifier directly above the electrode ensures reliable, steady measurements in industrial environments, where the electrical disturbance of pH measurements signals is otherwise often seen.
Most of these OxyGuard pH probes can now be supplied with a probe cleaning system that effectively cleans deposits from the electrode tip without removing the probe from the process fluid. The cleaning process takes only one or two seconds, and can often take place without disturbing the measurement value. Either air or compressed air can be used as a cleaning fluid.
A separate brochure is found for heavy-duty immersion types of probes.
- Greatly increased electrode lifetime (compared with gelled electrolyte combination electrodes).
- Stable measurements - insensitive to electrical disturbance.
- Wide range of probe types - special fittings and designs available on request.
- Manufactured from PVC (for temperatures up to 60°C), PP (for temperatures up to 100°C) or PVDF (on request, for temperatures up to 130°C). Special materials available on request.
- Can be used on pressurized systems - reference electrolyte container can be pressurized to 0.5 bar above process pressure.
- Can be supplied with integrated probe cleaner for in-situ cleaning.
- Hermetically sealed top, with preamplifier etc.
- Easy and quick electrode replacement when needed.
- Easy calibration - the thread mount and flow through types are easily removed from the process by unscrewing the lower collar - the electrode remains protected by the inner part of the probe.
SpecificationspH Range: 0-14 pH.
Pressure: PVC probe: 10 bar at 25°C, 2 bar at 60 °C.
PP probe: 10 bar at 25 °C, 4 bar at 100 °C.
PVDF probe: 10 bar up to 100°C, 4 bar at 130°C. (only on request)
Size: Max. diameter 50 mm + electrolyte fitting. Height approx. 225 mm (to top of cable gland).
Thread Mount Type: 1" BSP thread. Other threads on request.
Flow Through Type: Fitted with pipe T-piece, from 3/4" (NW 40) to 2" (NW 150). (Other on request) This type is made to order. The electrode tip extends into the pipe.
Ordering InformationHeavy-duty pH probes, complete with electrode, separate reference electrolyte container, 250 ml reference electrolyte, 2 m tubing, 2 x 250 ml calibration buffer.
K03FVPH: PVC flow-through probe.
K03FPPH: PP flow-through probe.
K03SVPH: PVC submersion probe.
K03SPPH: PP submersion probe.
K03TVPH: PVC thread-mount probe.
K03TPPH: PP thread-mount probe.
K03TVCPH: PVC thread-mount probe with probe cleaner
K03TPCPH: PP thread-mount probe with probe cleaner.
The flow-through, submersion and thread-mount probes can be ordered with a 1" pipe thread at the top. Please add suffix "TT" to the ordering number.
Spares:K10PELF: Heavy-duty pH electrode for flow-through.
K10E4500: submersion and thread mount probe.
K10E7500: 500 ml pH 4 calibration buffer.
K10E41L: 500 ml pH 7 calibration buffer.
K10E71L: 1 l pH 4 calibration buffer.
K10REFCON: 1 l pH 7 calibration buffer.
K103M0500: Reference electrolyte container.
K103M01L: 500 ml 3 mol. KCL reference electrolyte, 1 l 3 mol. KCL reference electrolyte.
K10TEMP: Temperature sensor for automatic temperature compensation in pH Alpha and pH Plus.