- Millivolt output.
- Integral temperature compensation.
- Used with appropriate transmitter.
- For ppm (mg/l) dissolved oxygen.
- For % saturation dissolved oxygen.
- For naturally occurring oxygen levels.
- For high oxygen levels.
- For low oxygen levels.
- For measuring oxygen in gas.
- For the measurement of oxygen purity.
- Also available with built-in temperature sensor.
- Built-in 2-wire 4-20 mA transmitter.
- Variations as Standard Probe.
- Ideal for PLC and computer systems or similar.
- 2-wire 4-20 mA oxygen meter.
- For both low and high levels of dissolved oxygen.
- Automatic calculation of ppm (mg/l) values from the % sat. values.
- Always calibrated to 101% sat.
- For waste water treatment plants.
- For other solitary measurements.
- Ideal for PLC and computer systems that need local display and very easy calibration.
EX Area Measurements
The Handy Probe
OxyGuard oxygen probes are galvanic cells that generate an electrical signal proportional to the oxygen pressure they sense, no matter whether the probe is in water, air or another medium. They are very robust and easy to use. They do not need an external supply - they make their own electricity. They can be connected using ordinary cable, that can have any length. The membrane can be wiped with a cloth, a tissue or with your thumb!
Cleaning the membrane is, apart from an occasional calibration, the only routine maintenance necessary. Probe types for use on the lower oxygen levels found in waste water treatment plants or similar never need to be taken apart for service unless the membrane should be damaged, e,g, due to accident when cleaning - and the membrane is very tough! After some years' use probe types for use on higher oxygen levels will need renovation, which entails fitting a new membrane, anode and electrolyte. This process is very easy, and can be carried out by anyone in just a few minutes. The cost of spares is negligible, and parts for the first renovation come with the probe! Note that OxyGuard oxygen probes "last forever" - they can be repeatedly renovated.
- True zero - no zero adjustment.
- Self-temperature compensating.
- Self-exciting galvanic cell.
- Connect with ordinary cable - of any length!
- Excellent long-term stability, long calibration and cleaning intervals.
- No need for regular service, probe renovation intervals up to 2 years or more.
- Strong membrane, practically unbreakable - special versions available.
- A range of membranes is available to give ideal performance in different uses.
- Negligible service costs - renovation kit included with probe.
- Probe renovation can be performed by anyone without special training.
Most probes can be ordered as one of three types, type 0, 1 or 2, according to measuring range. The anodes and electrolyte differ. The Model 840 is, however, always a type 2.
Type 0: For oxygen gas purity or high level DO. Detection limit 0.1 mg/l. Max full scale 200 mg/l, 2000% sat or 100% volume.
Type 1: For aquaculture and other uses. Detection limit 0.1 mg/l. Max full scale 50 mg/l, 500% sat or 50% volume.
Type 2: For waste water treatment (sludge basins), air measurement, trace oxygen in gas and Model 840. Detection limit approximately 0.03 mg/l. Max full scale 25 mg/l, 250% sat or 25% volume.