The Pioneer mounting system facilitates the correct positioning of OxyGuard dissolved oxygen probes, especially in waste water treatment plants, rivers and other difficult applications. The aluminium frame is mounted to a rail or similar at the side of the water, and the probe can then easily be raised for inspection, cleaning or calibration, and lowered for use. When lowered, the probe is situated approximately 30 cm under the surface, where it measures the correct oxygen content of the water and not just the surface value. The surface value can be erroneous, especially in heavy rain. The flexible bellows allows the probe to move - it will always point downstream. Rags, fiber, twigs etc. cannot snag on the probe, but slide off, producing a self-cleaning action. This also protects the membrane from damage. Any fatty deposits, since fat floats on water, build up above the probe and do not disturb the measurement.
One user, the Kelowna Waste Water Treatment Center, B.C., has now used 16 units for 5 years. The manager comments: "The probes are inspected once every three to four weeks and serviced when necessary. Such servicing frequency is more to do with aethsetics than probe performance. Thick slime builds up on the Pioneer mounting pipe and looks unsightly. So the mounting pipework is cleaned and the probe wiped clean at the same time".
- Easy to fit.
- Helps ensure correct measurements, which permits more precise oxygen level control, which, in turn prevents energy waste through excessive use of blowers.
- The probe stays clean longer, giving more stable measurements and lower costs due to longer probe cleaning intervals and longer calibration intervals.
- Flexible mount and probe position under the surface nearly eliminate any chance of membrane damage.
- Correct temperature compensation - the temperature sensor is in the water
Construction: Hinged heavy-duty aluminium frame with clamps for 63/57 mm pipe, PVC probe holder assembly with flexible bellows, pipe cap with cable gland, and 1,5 m 63/57 mm PVC pipe for use where water level is max. 1 m below basin edge.
For more information on the various OxyGuard DO Probes, you may wish to refer to our Oxygen Probes
D0703: Pioneer system complete.
D0704: Pioneer without aluminium frame.
D07XCL: Air Cleaner/probe holder assembly (fitted to Pioneer)
NB. The probe must be ordered separately - please specify the desired probe type/measuring range.
The Pioneer can be delivered with the following options:
- Without aluminium bracket, i.e. pipe cap, bellows, probe holder with probe and accessories only.
- With OxyGuard Standard DO Probe, Model 420 or Model 840 probe/transmiiter.
- With a pH or redox/ORP probe instead of a DO probe
- With probe measuring ranges from 0-5 to 0-50 ppm (mg/l) - please state your actual requirement.
- With any probe cable length - standard is 10 meters from probe.
- With longer top pipe.
For extremely dirty applications, or sites where in-situ cleaning is desired, the Pioneer can be fitted with a combined probe holder and cleaner (right). This has a unique cleaning system using compressed air. A two to three second blast of air is sufficient to clean the membrane effectively. Please note that other fixtures are available for other (cleaner) uses.